Updated WUG MD Build Release Notes
Release Notes for WUG MD RC 1:
- Created a new type of test which will gather information about configuration or usage and warn if outside a recommended threshold.
- Added several new data collectors and analyzers.
- Separated out elements that simply gather information from those that test it for success in the UI.
- Enabled ability to send information to Technical Support ("Send to Support" button) and to our Product Management team ("Send to Ipswitch" button).
- Log output is now saved into the archive.
- Significant re-work to structure and format the XML results.
- Several defect fixes based on information received from beta users. Thank you!
The "Send to Ipswitch" and "Send to Support" features use an encrypted SMTP session over the SMTP Submission port (TCP 587) to securely transmit results. If the WhatsUp Gold computer is behind a firewall or has no Internet access, this communication is not possible. To send us your Application Usage results, please save them to the .zip archive and manually send them via Sendable.com to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the following subject line: "Usage Statistics".
*** VERY IMPORTANT ***
Note: Application Usage information does not require a case number as these submissions are handled through a separate system. However, using the "Send to Support" feature requires an open case with Ipswitch Technical Support. Please do not attempt to send results without a valid case number.
- 636 views
- 2 versions
- 5 replies
- 1 follower
- Post Date:
- July 25, 2011
- Posted By:
- WUGspace Admin
About this forum
- 5,398 views
- 6 topics
- 8 followers
WUG MD is a utility tool developed by WhatsUp Tech Support and R&D to help you and the Tech Support team in Atlanta to troubleshoot issues with your WhatsUp Gold deployment when needed. The near-term goal for this tool is to automate the identification and diagnosis of configuration conflicts and problems with your WUG deployment. In the long-run... your feedback will shape this diagnostic and analysis tool.