Reminders
Question

Cisco Switch 2960S

24 months ago
OfflineDaniel Vogel
Daniel Vogel

I have a few of these swithces in our enviroment and was wondering about highlighted number below. What is it? Can it be used to trace back to a partiucular IP or MAC? Can it help in identifing the user that is on that port. Basically I need to know who it is so I can see who is killing the bandwidth at my locations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

CIsco 2960S.gif

Answered

0 Answers:

3 Replies

OfflineWillem de Groot Willem de Groot said 24 months ago

Hi Daniel,

These are the Interface Numbers from Cisco.
These Int's are from the first Stack Member((Member# -1) * 500) , is a Gigabit Interface(+100)  and has Index 15 (+15) -> 10115
the next member Gi 2/0/15 has 10615, Gi 3/0/15 -> 11115 ...
Fa Interfaces have a Index of 100 less than the above.

Do a Mib Walk on  1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1 and you will see your Interfaces and there Indexi.

At least yoiu know by now with Interface is in volve. On the Cisco CLI you can do a show cdp neighb or a show mac-addresstabel to get more Information (or maybe you have set the Descriptions of the ports)

Willem

OfflineWhatsUp Guru (Jason Williams) WhatsUp Guru (Jason Williams) said 24 months ago

Moved to the appropriate forum.

OfflineMichael Haskins Michael Haskins said 24 months ago

The Cisco CLI command "sho snmp mib ifmib ifindex" will also show you the interface and it's index number. Unfortuantely, the output appears random.

You can add "| include" plus the index number to the command so you aren't searching the output: "sho snmp mib ifmib ifindex | include 10115"

Would you like to comment?

You must be a member. Sign In if you are already a member.

• 676 views
  • 2 versions
  • 3 replies
  • 3 followers

Post Date:
August 2, 2012
Posted By:
Daniel Vogel

Related Content

Search this area

About this forum

• 268k views
    • 3342 topics
    • 62 followers

Post questions and find answers for all things related to the Standard and Premium Editions of WhatsUp gold.

Viewed 676 times